Nevada Advisory Council on Federal Assistance
The Nevada Advisory Council on Federal Assistance (NACFA) was created by the 2015 Nevada State Legislature for the purpose of advising and assisting state and local agencies with respect to obtaining and maximizing federal assistance that may be available from any agency or organization.
Providing Public Comment to the Council
The Council encourages members of the public and the grants community to attend meetings and to provide public comment. To be added to the meeting invitation list, email the Grant Office.
Correspondence to Council will be read into the public record at the next meeting and can be sent to:
Office of Grant Procurement, Coordination and Management
ATTN: Nevada Advisory Council on Federal Assistance
406 E. Second St, 1st Floor
Carson City, NV 89701
Members of the Council
- John Ritter, Chairman (Private Business Representative)
- Kathi Thomas-Gibson, Vice Chairman (Local Government Representative)
- JoVon Sotak, Secretary (Nevada Grant Office)
- Assemblywoman Shea Backus
- Senator David Parks
- Zanny Marsh (Non-Profit Organization Representative)
- Susan Brown (Governor's Finance Office)
In compliance with NRS 358.030, the Council must deliver a report to the Governor and Legislative Commission before the end of each year. In its report, the Council is able to make recommendations to obtain and to maximize federal assistance.